Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More finish work pictures

Here's the color the stair posts and balusters will be, ultimately...a rich color called "chestnut bronze". I love it! It coordinates nicely with the "slate" kitchen counter.

Only two sides are painted because the wood isn't completely dry yet, but we wanted to get the paint on around where the cables are strung (can you imagine trying to paint around all those later? No thanks!)
Mom and Michelle, we FINALLY found bathmats for Ava's bathroom. We looked everywhere for the right shade of bright turquoise (with a hint of green), and finally found them. Wouldn't you know...Target to the rescue. I just love that store! Thankfully there is not one near here or I'd have spent a mint already. I got a couple of hand towels to match. On the windowsill in the room, you can barely see a paint chip strip...one of those blue colors (which match the rugs and floor) will be painted on the windowsill and trim. Ava, of course, wants the brightest, boldest blue. I'm not so sure, so we are negotiating. In any case, that paint job is way down on the list...lots of projects ahead of it, unfortunately!
Yippee! A beautiful, complete floor upstairs! Doesn't it look great? Amazing how good laminate looks these days.



No comments: