Friday, November 14, 2008

Siding nearly done

Before we get to the siding, though, check out this fantabulous photo from the other morning. There were snow showers across the valley and the light from the sunrise (sun comes up behind us, shining towards the mountains) was particularly pink. The combination was almost unearthly. Really something.
The guys finishing up the face of the garage. I gave up trying to keep up the trim painting as they go along, so the trim here is white and may stay that way until Spring, depending on the weather. There is too much dust in the air while they are working to paint them (well, that's my lazy excuse, anyway...it's starting to get freakin' cold out!).
It's coming together! The weird stripes to the left of the garage are the seams of the paneled siding. The guys painted the cut edges of the panels as they put them up so it looks rather funny...I'm hoping to get the rest of them painted, too, but Mother Nature is giving us rain all weekend. Bleck!
Oh, and the large black-ish colored boards on sawhorses (or stepladders, or the dumpster, whatever I could find) are our future garage door. I was painting them to match the trim. They are 18' long so don't lend themselves to hiding. Storing them until they get put up has been a challenge!



No comments: