Monday, July 28, 2008

Sheetrock delivered

I guess this is the norm but I wasn't aware a huge boom truck would show up this morning! Impressive operation - delivered the drywall sheets through windows around the house. Both the drywall and windows weathered it well - no damage.

Drywall hanging starts today and will continue until "maybe the end of the week....?" I asked the crew of 3 how many days they thought they'd be hanging the drywall. There was a long pause as the lead guy looked up at the house. Then he carefully said, "Well...it's not a normal house."

While we don't think the house is that weird, we're hearing these kind of comments from a lot of the contractors now...the insulators told us "it looks like a kid took a bunch of triangular building blocks and piled them together".

Don't really care. Ain't their house! We still love it. No regrets (well, except the blown budget but we hear that's pretty normal in the housebuilding process).

1 comment:

george said...

great pics! glad the work is coming along so well. great to see the finished house! you guys too, huh? george