Sunday, August 31, 2008

More kitchen & new floors

...but first, a photo of a really cool stick bug that was hanging out on the house while Ava and I were painting out there. He was a friendly guy and didn't move at all...exactly like a stick.

Kitchen nearer to completion with all cabinets in and hardware attached. Missing: flooring, appliances and countertop...all coming up shortly.


Piles of interior trim with routed valleys in them (partial photo of them - there are more). This past weekend, I sanded and primed all except a dozen of them while Chris and his dad wired outlets and hung some light fixtures.
The flooring and wall colors in the mudroom/laundry/powder room came out great! I am growing to like the red wall more.
Photo of new floor in master bathroom. Dead ahead is the new pocket door to the bath. The glass in it turns whoever is behind it into a bunch of little squares, so it's private but still clear. Very interesting! I will probably paint the door frame dark brown.


No comments: