We chose laminate flooring for the upper level - mostly because it was cheaper than carpet or really any other option. We were really surprised and pleased at how good it looks! It's called "Swedish Maple". Price for material: $0.78 per square foot (I think the underlayment cover we bought might have even been more expensive than that!) It has a 10-year warrantee and when it's time for it to go, we just lift it up - no nails or glue. We are thrilled with how it's looking. Let's hope it holds up to doggie toenails...
Here is Ava's room:

And the loft:

Surprise #1 ... a little dumpster humor from one of the painters (look at lower left corner of photo):

Surprise #2: a snake in the grass...oops, I mean in the port-o-potty. Yes, in the lav. Luckily, I found it funny (not afraid of snakes) but when I laughed about the "visitor" to the rest of the work crew, there wasn't a single chuckle. Oops.
BTW, I don't bring my camera to the potty. Even I'm not that much of a photo nut. I went back and snapped the photo later.
No comments:
Post a Comment