The kitchen installers have filled the living room with mysterious boxes and are now unwrapping them and putting the cabinets up. The cabinets look awesome! They are natural maple. The appliances will be stainless as will the hardware on the cabinets. Those upper cabinets in this photo top out at 9'...even I can barely reach the handle with my index finger to push the doors open; however they'll be a great place to store those holiday dishes and special occasion stuff (which are currently in a mildewy storage unit). The big set of doors on the lower right side will be our new pantry. I am salivating already! I feel like a kid in the candy store. Storage space! I can organize! Yippee!

This is the view from inside the kitchen, looking towards the staircase. What staircase, you say? Well, the future stairs, of course. The "future" date keeps getting pushed out, though, due to the fact that they are insanely custom built. Let's just say they need to be in before we are, which, by the way, is now SEPTEMBER 19TH - moving day!!

Here is part of our mudroom with a red "accent wall" (the other walls are light sage green). Gosh, the red looked so harmless on a 12" test piece. Now that it's over the whole wall...well, my first thought was "slaughterhouse". Yikes! I think I will grow to like it, though. It won't look so stark in a few weeks when we have a bench and coats against that wall, and the trim on the doors.

Siding is back on the front-burner, now that the weather has turned glorious (dry fall air, temps in low 70's). The shingles look great! The trim will not be white for long -- it will match whatever color is next to it, hopefully over this next weekend.

Next post should have our bath and mudroom flooring in it...scheduled for this Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment